If you’re looking for the best mortgage lenders in California, we’ve done the homework. cheatgame.info has vetted the state’s leading lenders, then identified the best ones for particular loan needs.
cheatgame.info’s best mortgage lenders in California
Whether you’re shopping for a condo on the coast, a classic suburban ranch or a low-rate refinance, these lenders can get you there.
Best California mortgage lenders for first-time home buyers
Navigating California real estate markets can be a challenge. These lenders know how to help first-time home buyers.
- Does nearly two-thirds of its business with first-time home buyers
- Doesn’t charge application, origination or other lender fees
- Considers more than credit scores, including monthly cash flow
- SoFi mortgage review
- Caters to millennial first-time home buyers
- Offers a fully online application process
- Makes non-commission loan consultants available for as-needed assistance
- Better Mortgage review
Best California mortgage lenders for refinancing
This won’t be your first time at the closing table? These California lenders are refinance-savvy.
- Offers a variety of refinance loans and home equity loans
- Is rolling out an $80 million technology upgrade
- Gives discounts and reimbursements for certain closing costs to repeat refinance customers
- LoanDepot mortgage review
- Offers online document submission and loan application tracking
- Provides plenty of refinance loan options
- Has potential fee discounts for existing Chase customers
- Chase mortgage review
Best California online mortgage lenders
Short on time and working a crazy schedule? These lenders let you skip the meetings and take care of the loan details online.
- The first national lender to launch mobile mortgage lending
- Online employment and asset verification
- Loan decisions are often made in minutes
- Rocket Mortgage review
- Offers an online application process with secure document uploads and electronic signing
- Claims a 95% customer satisfaction rating
- Has more than 150 branches across the country for local service
- Guaranteed Rate review
Best California mortgage lenders for borrowers with bad credit
Everybody faces a financial challenge. These lenders can help you get back on the road to homeownership.
- Will use manual underwriting to evaluate borrowers, allowing flexibility for those with low credit scores.
- Offers loans for manufactured housing
- Helps borrowers find state-sponsored down payment assistance and grant programs
- New American Funding review
- With Department of Veterans Affairs loans, credit score standards are less stringent
- Considers “after the bills are paid” income, rather than just a debt-to-income ratio
- You’ll need military service to qualify
- Veterans United review
Best California mortgage lenders for face-to-face service
If you prefer a personal touch, these national lenders have branches throughout California.
- Offers full line of purchase mortgages, including FHA and VA loans.
- Has low down payment options that don’t require private mortgage insurance.
- Locations throughout California
- CitiMortgage review
- Offers a down payment of just 3%, with no mortgage insurance, through the Affordable Loan Solution program
- Has a physician loan program to assist docs who are a bit short on a down payment but have strong earning potential
- Reduces fees for some existing bank customers
- Bank of America mortgage review
Best California mortgage lenders: summary
- SoFi: Best for first-time home buyers
- Better: Best for first-time home buyers
- LoanDepot: Best for refinancing
- Chase: Best for refinancing
- Rocket Mortgage: Best for online experience
- Guaranteed Rate: Best for online experience
- New American Funding: Best for borrowers with bad credit
- Veterans United: Best for borrowers with bad credit
- CitiMortgage: Best for face-to-face service
- Bank of America: Best for face-to-face service
Best California mortgage lenders by city
We took an even closer look to find lenders in major California cities. See our picks for best mortgage lenders in your area.
- Best Los Angeles mortgage lenders
- Best San Diego mortgage lenders
- Best San Francisco mortgage lenders