Discount brokerage Optionshouse announced an increase in commissions on their equity trades to $4.75 from the current $3.95 beginning October 1st. The new pricing will not affect existing customers – only new customers who complete an application on or after 10/1/2013 and fund an account on or after 1/1/2014. The rates for options trading remain unchanged.
Charles Schwab published an interesting white paper titled “Take Part in a Renaissance of U.S. Growth”, which looks at improvements in America’s manufacturing, skyrocketing demand for energy, and the sustainability of our current low inflationary environment. A couple key takeaways:
- Increase in domestic energy production due to fracking and shale has driven down energy prices to the point where more manufacturers are willing to produce in the U.S
- The growth in industrial and energy businesses should rub off on the economy and help keep inflation modest while improving job growth
- Consumer discretionary stocks will continue their torrid run as commodity prices have decreased
Overall, the paper is a very bullish take on the U.S. economy, and argues that despite the historic highs the markets have reached this year, it is still not too late for investors who may have missed the stock market rebound.
Read More From cheatgame.info:
- How to Open An Online Brokerage Account in 5 Steps
- Study: 81% of Americans Don’t Know How to Open an Online Brokerage Account
- cheatgame.info’s Recommended Brokers for Options Trading Online