Air France-KLM and Bank of America® have launched the airline’s first co-branded credit card in the U.S., the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard®.
Cardholders can earn miles toward free flights, as well as points toward elite status, which the airline calls XP, or experience points, in the joint airline’s “Flying Blue Loyalty Program.” The card will have an annual fee of $89.
Air France-KLM, with a presence at 14 U.S. airports, belongs to the SkyTeam Airline Alliance, with notable U.S. carrier Delta Air Lines — meaning cardholders can use miles from the Flying Blue program to book Delta flights.
The Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® offers:
- 3 miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and SkyTeam member airlines.
- 1.5 miles for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Sign-up bonus of 25,000 miles after the cardholder makes $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
- 5,000 anniversary miles after spending at least $50 on purchases within the card anniversary year.
- 60 XP on account opening, 60% of the way to Silver elite status.
- 20 XP every year on the account anniversary and 40 additional XP after spending at least $15,000 on purchases within the card anniversary year.
The Flying Blue rewards program has been undergoing an update since April 2018 to make it more flexible, simpler and personalized, the airlines said.